Caring Trial Attorney in Spearman, Texas Understands Your General Law Needs
More than 35 years of effectively resolving legal problems with experience, skill and diligence
The Law Office of Cecil R. Biggers has been focused on meeting the general law needs of individuals and small businesses in Spearman and throughout the panhandle area of Texas since 1974. We are proud of our commitment to building relationships with our clients and the community.
At the Law Office of Cecil R. Biggers, we care about the clients who come to us for help, and we believe you deserve a skilled and effective legal team in your corner. We strive to resolve your legal issues — no matter how complex or routine — quickly and in an effective and affordable manner. For more than 35 years, we have provided successful representation:
- Trying jury cases in the areas of criminal defense, family law and juvenile law
- Obtaining benefits on behalf of incapacitated people in Social Security Disability and Medicaid cases
- Drafting thoughtful and thorough estate and long-term care plans
- Efficiently handling residential and commercial real estate matters
- Effectively advising on the formation of business entities for agriculture and business clients
- Assisting land owners on oil and gas matters
- Handling appeals to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals and to the Seventh Court of Appeals
- Participating in a briefed case to the Supreme Court of the United States
- And more
We take the time to listen to you and tailor our legal services to meet the specific needs and challenges of your situation. We communicate to ensure you understand all the legal issues, risks and consequences involved in your case. We want to equip you to make informed decisions and guide you through the legal process from start to finish. We take our responsibility seriously, realizing that the outcome of your case can affect the rest of your life and the lives of your family.
Aggressive defender of your rights and freedom
At the Law Office of Cecil R. Biggers, you will find an attorney with skill, experience and a successful track record. Your future, freedom and family may depend on the lawyer you select to represent you. We have extensive state and federal courtroom experience, including litigation, cross examination, jury trials, investigation and discovery. We seek to pinpoint the definitive legal issues to best advocate for our clients in the following practice areas:
- Criminal defense ― We understand that a criminal conviction affects your family, your career, your reputation and your freedom. Because you have so much at stake, we are aggressive in defending you in felony, misdemeanor, drug crimes, white collar crime and juvenile crime cases, and we also help with expungements.
- Family law ― Each family law case brings its own specific challenges. We represent clients in divorce, child custody, child and spousal support, adoptions, modifications and other matters.
- Social Security disability ― We lead you through the bureaucratic maze of the Social Security Administration to get you the benefits you need when you are disabled. We can appeal a claim that has been denied.
- Consumer bankruptcy ― We help you obtain a fresh financial start through filing for bankruptcy or debt relief under the Bankruptcy Code. Regardless of the type of bankruptcy you select, bankruptcy law requires everyone to first get credit counseling and take a financial management course. We can also get you to these required classes.
- Elder law and estate planning ― We provide elder law counsel and representation to people of retirement age on legal issues such as estate planning, Medicaid eligibility, guardianships, powers of attorney, wills, trusts, special needs trusts, protection against fraud and planning for healthcare so your family assets are not depleted.
- Real estate law ― Property dealings are among the most significant transactions in your life and business. We provide assistance in commercial and residential real estate matters, easements, landlord and tenant law and zoning and land use matters.
- Oil and gas law relating to land-owners ― We know that landowners are at greater risk in oil and gas law matters because of potential hazardous waste, pollution and water table contamination liabilities. We protect you by drafting strong contracts and agreements and settling your disputes.
Successfully protecting clients in Texas
The Law Office of Cecil R. Biggers represents individuals and small businesses in Spearman and throughout the Texas panhandle, including Ochiltree, Hutchinson, Hansford, Moore, Gray, Donley, Dallam, Potter and Randall Counties.
Your trusted legal resource in Spearman, Texas
For experienced representation call the Law Office of Cecil R. Biggers locally at 806-659-5531 or toll-free at 888-982-0212, or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation.